Day: September 13, 2017
Nowadays, it is impossible to imagine an electric guitar without an amplifier. It is an irony that in present days electric guitars are designed to be used with amplifiers to hear the music.
Amps for guitarists playing in a band
- If you are in a band, you need loud music. 100watts solid-state or 40watts tube amplifier are preferable for this purpose.
- In case of solid-state, higher wattage gives higher sound; while tube amps go better when pushed.
Guitar Amps for Gigging
- Choose any wattage whatever you want for the gigging amp. Usually, low wattage are considered because they sound great and easy to transport.
- But it mainly depends on the venue and playing style. For small concerts rely on the amplifiers for best sounds.
Guitar Amps for Recording
- There are two methods of recording guitar sound. Amps with digital technology, feature line-out functions. Plug directly into the computer system, and the power rating of the amplifier has no affect.
- The second one involves a microphone. In that case, the amp’s wattage is affected by many reasons. Consider ashdown bass amp reviews before going to buy a guitar
Amps for the Hobby Guitarist
- Are you a hobby guitar player? Then you don’t need loud sound. So, it is best to select mid-wattage solid state amps or low wattage tube.
- A hobby guitarist should go for an amp that seems funniest for him or her.